Thursday, November 26, 2009

RIP Patch xxx

I had a very sad week this week. On monday my dog of 12 years Patch died. He was old and we were waiting for him to go but it was still a big shock so I decided to write a bit about my dog Patch in this blog.

He was my last childhood dog. Patch was a dalmatian and the cutest one in the whole world. We shared the same birthday we were both born on the 5th of January. He was the coolest dog ever. his real name was Dún Peter Prince but we called him Patch because he had a patch on his eye. When he moaned it sounded like a growl. It was funny when people who didn't know him paid him attention because when he moaned they thought he was growling. He had a heart condition and was only expected to live about eight years but he defied the odds. He suffered seperation anxiety so we had to give him lots of attention.

My favourite memory of Patch is when he got too old to stay outside we kept him inside because he kept going down to the road and we didn't want him to get knocked down because he couldn't hear the cars anymore. Every morning he used come cryng to my door and he'd scrape until I opened it. Then he'd go over to my window and stick his head through the curtains ad turn a full circle just to make sure the light got in my eyes. Then he'd start at one side of my bed and scratch his back along it. When he was finished that he put his head on the bed beside me and stared at me and then he took a step back and barked really loudly. Then when I ws having breakfast he'd sit down beside me and wait for me to finish my cereal so he could get the leftover milk. Then he'd follow me everywhere for the day.


He got a heart attack monday morning and died an hour later. It was really sad because he was like a little brother that never grew up. We treated him like royalty. He always got everything he wanted. He definately had the best life a dog could have.

Here are a few pictures of my dog Patch.








RIP Patch xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment